Carobs and walnuts star in this easy to make Banana, Walnut and Carob Bread recipe. The nutty flavor really comes through in this nicely textured loaf. Slice it up and serve with tea or carob cocoa.
Banana Carob Walnut Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup (125 gm/1 stick) unsalted vegan plant based butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) The Australian Carob Co. Carob Syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg repplacers
- 1 1/2 cups (400 gms) ripe banana mashed
- 1/3 cup (95 gms) soy yogurt
- 1 1/3 cup (375 gms) plain gluten-free flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup (35 gms) The Australian Carob Co. Roasted or Raw Carob Powder
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon or 3/4 tsp cardamon
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced/350°F) and lightly grease and line with baking paper a 13cm x 26cm (5¼” x 10½”), 2-litre (8 cup) loaf pan.
Using an electric stand mixer, beat egg replacer, carob syrup and vanilla together until well-combined. The mixture will split, but will come back together as other ingredients are added.
Remove mixing bowl from stand mixer and add mashed banana and yogurt, stirring with a spatula to combine. Add flour, carob powder, aluminum-free baking powder, aluminum-free baking soda, cinnamon or cardamon and walnuts, stirring to combine.
Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in tin for 5 minutes before placing on a wire rack to cool completely.