Make classic carob chip cookies with this easy recipe by Charlie and The Carob Tree. It is perfect for every day baking and occasions. No chilling required. Just tasty, carob chip cookies. You’ll never guess they’re not chocolate chip cookies!
aussie carob chip cookies
- 3 egg replacers
- 1 1/4 cups quinoa flour (or coconut, buckwheat or sorghum flour)
- 1 tsp aluminum free baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup rice bran oil (or coconut oil)
- 40 gms Nuttelex (to add for extra creaminess when not using coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup rapadura sugar (or dark brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups organic Aussie Carob Chips
Prepare 3 egg replacers (3 tbsp ground flax meal + 1/4 cup hot water).
Whisk dry ingredients and set aside.
Whisk oil, Nuttelex and sugars.
Add in 3 egg replacers, vanilla, mix in blender until light and fluffy.
Add the dry ingredients in and mix until it forms a dough.
Mix in Aussie Carob Chips.
Put spoonfuls on baking tray and bake for around 15 minutes until golden brown at 350*F