These Carob, Blueberry and Buttermilk Pancakes are so light and tasty. Easy to make and have the best flavor and texture. The addition of raw carob powder takes this legit stack of pancake goodness over the top. You will never go back to store-bought pancakes again!
Carob Blueberry Pancakes Recipe
- 2 egg replacers, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups (225 gms) self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup (50 gms) The Australian Carob Co. Raw Carob Powder
- 2 tbsps caster sugar
- 2 tbsps The Australian Carob Co. Carob Syrup
- 2 cups (500ml) soy or almond milk (combine 4 tablespoons lemon juice with soy or almond milk and stir then let sit for 5 minutes to thicken)
- 1/4 cup (60 gms or 1/2 stick) vegan planted based butter, melted
- 2 tsps vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp orange zest, finely grated
- spray oil, for cooking
- 1 cup (150 gms) blueberries
Preheat oven to 120°C (100°C fan-forced/ 250°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
For the pancakes, place egg replacer in a large mixing bowl, beating until frothy using an electric mixer. Add flour, carob powder, sugar, carob syrup, soy or almond, melted vegan plant based butter and vanilla, gently beating until flour has been incorporated and batter has become smooth.
Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Lightly grease the frying pan with spray oil.
Using a 1/3 cup measure ladle batter into the centre of the frying pan and evenly scatter over 1 tablespoon of blueberries for each pancake. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until bubbles form on the surface and the batter is set. Using a spatula, carefully flip each pancake and cook for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer pancakes to prepared baking tray and place in preheated oven, to keep warm whilst cooking the remaining pancakes. Repeat process with the remaining batter.
Serve pancakes topped with mixed berries, soy yogurt and a drizzle of carob syrup.