Feast your eyes on these decadent brownie-like carob cookies with crackly crusts and absolutely chewy fudge centers. A must-try recipe for all Australian Carob lovers, this is definitely for those days when you can’t decide between a carob brownie and a carob cookie! Problem is solved with these Fudge Carob, Peanut Butter and Oat Cookies! Halfway between a brownie and a cookie, we keep the fudge and slightly crispy texture, we indulge on the key ingredient (Australian Carobs, of course!), but we make it in a bite-size treat shape.
Carob Fudge Peanut Butter Oat Cookie Recipe
- 1 1/4 cup (185 gms) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (25 gms) The Australian Carob Co. Roasted or Raw Carob Powder
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking soda
- 1 cup (250 gms or 2 sticks) salted vegan plant based butter, softened
- 1 cup (220 gms) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) The Australian Carob Co. Carob Syrup
- 2 tsps pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (280 gms) crunchy peanut butter
- 2 egg replacers
- 2 cups (180 gms) whole rolled oats
- 1 cup (190 gms) Aussie carob chips
- 1 cup (140 gms) salted peanuts, roughly chopped
In a large mixing bowl combine flour, carob powder, aluminum-free baking powder and aluminum-free baking soda together, stirring to combine.
Place vegan plant based butter, sugar, carob syrup and vanilla together in the bowl of an electric stand mixer, beating until light and fluffy. Add peanut butter, beating until well combined. Add egg replacer, beating until just combined. Add flour mixture, beating slowly until well combined. Remove bowl from stand mixer, add oats, carob chips and salted peanuts, stirring until combined.
Line three baking trays with baking paper and using an ice cream scoop, place dough balls 5 cm apart on prepared baking trays. Place trays in refrigerator to chill for an hour.
Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced/350°F)
Remove trays from refrigerator. Place one tray at a time in preheated oven for 13 minutes or until cookies are golden. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on tray for 10 minutes, before transferring to wire cooling racks. Repeat process with remaining trays of chilled cookie dough.